Retain an Experienced Weapons Offense Criminal Defense Attorney
- 30+ years of hands-on legal experience
- Flawless reputation for handling complex and high-profile cases
- Among Maryland’s Top Criminal Law Attorneys
- Rated a Super Lawyer by Baltimore Magazine
- Handles all criminal defense needs; from sex crimes and fraud to drug cases and child pornography
- Named Top 100 Criminal Trial Attorneys by The National Trial Lawyers
- Voted 10 Best in Client Satisfaction from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Weapons offenses can result from dangerous or deadly items used in the commission of crime or used in and of themselves to assault or injure another, which is itself a crime.
All firearms are weapons, and some are “regulated.” Based on a person’s history, he/she may be precluded from possessing a regulated firearm and it may not be simply a result of one’s criminal history.
Md. Code Ann., Pub. Safety, § 5-133(b) provides that a person may not possess a regulated firearm is the person:
(1) has been convicted of a disqualifying crime;
(2) has been convicted of a violation classified as a common law crime and received a term of imprisonment of more than 2 years;
(3) is a fugitive from justice;
(4) is a habitual drunkard;
(5) is addicted to a controlled dangerous substance or is a habitual user;
(6) suffers from a mental disorder as defined in § 10-101(i)(2) of the Health – General Article and has a history of violent behavior against the person or another;
(7) has been found incompetent to stand trial under § 3-106 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
(8) has been found not criminally responsible under § 3-110 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
(9) has been voluntarily admitted for more than 30 consecutive days to a facility as defined in § 10-101 of the Health – General Article;
(10) has been involuntarily committed to a facility as defined in § 10-101 of the Health – General Article;
(11) is under the protection of a guardian appointed by a court under § 13-201(c) or § 13-705 of the Estates and Trusts Article, except for cases in which the appointment of a guardian is solely a result of a physical disability;
(12) except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, is a respondent against whom:
(i) a current non ex parte civil protective order has been entered under § 4-506 of the Family Law Article; or
(ii) an order for protection, as defined in § 4-508.1 of the Family Law Article, has been issued by a court of another state or a Native American tribe and is in effect; or
(13) if under the age of 30 years at the time of possession, has been adjudicated delinquent by a juvenile court for an act that would be a disqualifying crime if committed by an adult.
If convicted of possession of a regulated firearm by a disqualified person certain mandatory penalties apply.
Furthermore, individuals who are convicted of committing a crime involving the use of a firearm may be subject to an additional mandatory minimum sentence in addition to any other penalties already imposed.
Weapons Offense Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you’ve been charged with possession of a gun, firearm, or other weapon, you need an experienced weapons offense criminal defense attorney who understands the complexities of the law and has the skill to mount the strongest possible case on your behalf.
The team at Craig M. Kadish & Associates, LLC has been helping clients avoid jail time and minimize criminal penalties for over three decades.
Without proper representation, someone charged with a weapons offense could be facing years of incarceration, so it is crucial to choose a weapons offense criminal defense attorney with extensive knowledge and experience.
HOW WE WILL HELP
Mr. Kadish has experience in every area of criminal defense, so no matter what charges you’re facing — he and his team have the skill, knowledge, and relationships to help you achieve the best possible outcome. This is the firm you want on your side when your life, career, family, finances, and reputation are at risk.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Craig M. Kadish & Associates, LLC is an award-winning criminal defense practice with 30+ years of experience in all areas of criminal law. If you’re facing legal charges, contact the team immediately. They’re available at all hours to help you navigate the challenging legal process and reach the best possible outcome.
"If your freedom and future are as important to you as they are to me, Craig Kadish is the first attorney you should call when facing serious charges. With over 30 years of experience, Craig works diligently to make sure you have the best possible outcome in your case. I'm beyond grateful for having him represent me through every aspect of the justice system." — Anthony
"Word can not do justice, Craig Kadish saved my life and career. He is an excellent lawyer and he is a man of his word. He told me that he was going to win my case, and he did! I would recommend him to everyone I know and he will give you 100% of his time" — Camile Branch
"I am still early into my case, but so far Mr. Kadish has been awesome! While I've had one actual court appearance for my case, I was extremely impressed with Mr. Kadish's demeanor and poise. He presented the information to the judge in such a well thought out way that the judge and even the prosecution attorney gave him praise!" — Chris
"My working relationship with Mr. Kadish was very good. I had gotten in a bit of trouble in Ocean City last summer. Mr. Kadish and his staff were very professional in all my dealings with them. Whenever I had a question about my case, I would call, or email them. It took only about 5 minutes for a reply every time. The outcome of my case was great. I highly recommend him." — Jon
"Craig represented my son recently in a DWI case. When we first met with Craig at his office I was very impressed with his knowledge of the inner workings of the law but I didn't think we could afford such a great attorney. However, Craig worked with us on his fees and I am very happy with the outcome of our case. Thank you, Craig!" — Mike Schneider
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I get arrested?
When you get arrested, the very first thing you should do is call an experienced, aggressive, highly skilled defense attorney. You don't want to call just any lawyer because some lawyers don't do criminal work. Some lawyers do criminal work, some of the time. We do criminal work all of the time. So call us. Get us on the case immediately. Even if you're only being investigated for a crime and haven't been charged yet there is still time for us to help. Often we can keep you from being charged in the first place.
What should I say during an interrogation?
During an interrogation, your best play is always to say nothing. It doesn't matter what the police promise you, it doesn't matter what anyone promises you, keep your mouth closed and call your lawyer immediately. We're here to help.
Am I going to jail?
Whether or not someone goes to jail is going to depend upon a number of factors. What are the charges against you? What's your criminal history like? Is it a high profile case that's going to put pressure on the prosecutor to go against you in a very aggressive fashion? And most importantly, what is your criminal defense attorney like? Are they experienced? Aggressive? Skillful? We are all those things. So make sure that when your freedom and your life are on the line that you contact us.
Will my boss find out I've been arrested?
Whether or not an employer finds out about your arrest is oftentimes up to you. However if you have a job that requires a security clearance or you're working with children or you're driving a vehicle, you will oftentimes have to tell your employer. It varies on a case by case basis. Call me and we can talk about whether or not your employer needs to know about your charges.
How much does a criminal defense attorney cost?
There really is no set fee for a criminal defense attorney. The fee is generally based on a number of factors; the criminal history of the defendant, the nature and the extent of the charges which you're facing, the skill level of the attorney doing the defense work, their experience their expertise, as well as the high or low profile nature of the case (Is it in all the newspapers? Is it on television? Or is it a case that's flying under the radar?).
Anyone that gives you quote for a fee over the telephone is probably not the right lawyer for you. So call us! Schedule an appointment. We'll give you a FREE consultation and then we'll set a fair fee based upon all of those factors and what fits in your budget.